Chale Island Day Tripfrom
With this Chale Island Day Trip, Explore the Fine Sandy Beaches of Chale Island with Natural Attraction where one Can View Animals, Birds and Springs. It is Also a Perfect Choice for Walking Safaris.
Chale Island is a small romantic island situated about 600 meters from the mainland and 10 km south of Diani Beach, 50 km south of Mombasa. Specifically built with the environment in mind, magnificent resort on the island is The Sands at Chale Island is one of the most low impact hotels in Kenya.
It is spread out to offer the utmost in privacy and romance, even when at full capacity one has a tremendous feeling of peace and tranquility. “Chale” refers to the name of an old warrior of the Digo tribe who is buried on the island. On certain days of the year his descendants still come to celebrate religious rituals. Chale Island Day Trip and Walking Safari in Gazi Boardwalk explores Chale Island – a little paradise located a few kilometers from Diani Beach to the south. It is a perfect place for day excursions and boat day trips to explore the small heaven on earth.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeBeach Tours, Excursions, Short Breaks, Trekking
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
The island can be reached within half-hour drive from Diani, 1.5 hour from Mombasa and it is only bare 70 kilometers from the border of Tanzania. The resort occupies the north of the island, while the southern part is covered by indigenous forest and is actually a Mijikenda kaya – one of this people’s ancestral village sites that are scattered along the Kenyan coast.
The Sands at Chale has been designed to blend in perfectly with the island’s natural environment and the lodge emphasizes low-impact, sustainable tourism. Wildlife is abundant throughout the island, with troops of monkeys and baboons, bush babies, many species of birdlife, small antelope, and butterflies. In addition, the island is host to the natural phenomenon of inland mangrove lakes subject to the natural changes of the tides. Based at the hotel, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city of Mombasa has to offer. Its convenient location means that the hotel offers easy access to the city’s must-see destinations.
Best Time to Visit the Magical Chale Island
You can never go wrong with the July to October dry season. The weather is perfect for all beach activities then, the fiery sun leaving zero room for distractions caused by the rain. The shorter January to February dry season is yet another excellent time to visit Chale.
- Transport ( Round Trip )
- Marine Park Fee
- Boat Ride
- Underwater Photography/Video
- Bird Watching
- Sea food BBQ Lunch
- Items and services of a personal nature and tips & gratuities.
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Scuba Diving at an Extra Cost of Kes 6,000
Chale Island Day Trip
- Our day tour to Chale island begin from your hotel at 8.00am, we transfer you to departure point then begin your boat ride to chale island.
- We will have a short stop over for snorkeling along the way, as you explore the ocean and with luck you might see the dolphins along the way.
- We will also visit the mangroves around the Gazi area which is just opposite the island on the mainland.
- The boat will drop you off on the island for lunch. Then you have a chance to sunbathe and swim in the hotel pool.
- After your 4.00 pm tea, you will leave the island and drive back to your hotel.